Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless notebook card

• Please log in to reply

pjminor

pjminor

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Belkin wireless G notebook card Model F5D7010 version 5100 and the same card only version 7XXX?

Thanks

Advertisements

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Greetings pjminor! The information that I found on Belkins support website states that the 5100 driver only had support of Vista 32bit systems in beta form and the release of 7xxx (more specifically 7032) was released on 0905/2007 as a full version for both Vista 32 and 64bit systems. There is also an 8xxx that was released on 09/26/2008.

I hope this helps!

pjminor

pjminor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Then there should be no problem using the Ver 7xxx in an older laptop that can use Ver 5100? I have 2 IBM T22 laptops one has the Belkin F5D7010 Ver 5100 card and works fine. I need to get a card for the other and may have access to the same card only Ver 7xxx and wondered if there would be any compatibility problems both are running Windows 2000 pro for OS.

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
According to the Belkin site there shouldn't be any problem with that at all.

pjminor

pjminor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the assist. I didn't think there would be a problem but had heard of some difficulties with other computers but didn't know if it was operator error or compatibility problems.

NexRad

NexRad

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
:) COMPLETELY understand that. Sometimes the line between the two different errors is soooo blurred....lol.

Thank you for coming to Geeks To Go! and let us know if we can ever help you again. Have a great day!