Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bandwidth allocation and network monitoring

• Please log in to reply

giadda

giadda

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
hi, i'm a 26 year old semi-techie nurse :) and i love playing online games. i recently had an internet connection installed and have shared it with 2 of my housemates..

the problem begins when they log in and sort of hoard the bandwidth, with either skype, facebook, or what nots.. so i get constantly and irritantly get disconnected.

can anyone please help me on how to configure my D-link DI 604 router.. the set-up we currently have is that my modem is hooked to the DI604 router, then hooked to a router switch.. one of my techie friends set this up, but unfortunately IS no longer available..

i need help if possible on the following issues..

1. bandwidth allocation - how can i do this, any step-by-step guide if possible? :) and

2. possible FREE network monitoring software - so i can tell them to avoid hoarding the bandwidth

thanks in advance and more power everyone!!

Advertisements

giadda

giadda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Bring
Up
My
^_^

giadda

giadda