Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error installing Java

• Please log in to reply

nosebizi

nosebizi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I have a problem using/installing Java.

Some months back, my Java couldn't run properly. So I uninstalled the old version, downloaded the latest version from http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp and it worked thereafter.

But today, the same problem happened again. Again, I downloaded the latest version. But it did not work this time when I tried to do a test run of Java.

The results state that there is error during the installation process. No matter how many times I uninstalled and reinstall, I always get the same error message from Java. Details of the error is below. How do I resolve this??

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.list(Native Method)
at java.io.File.list(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.provider.SeedGenerator$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.security.provider.SeedGenerator.getSystemEntropy(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.provider.SecureRandom.engineNextBytes(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureRandom.nextBytes(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureRandom.next(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Random.nextLong(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.generateFile(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.DeployCacheRequest$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.DeployCacheRequest.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.cache.DeployCacheHandler.put(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.downloadJAR(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.access$000(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack$2.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.PluginURLJarFileCallBack.retrieve(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(Unknown Source)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.getJarFileInternal(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin.net.protocol.jar.CachedJarURLConnection.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.access$600(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
load: class testvm2/Main.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: testvm2.Main.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://www.java.com/applet/testvm2/Main/class.class
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
... 7 more
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: testvm2.Main.class

Advertisements

kelkay

kelkay

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I have had this same problem numerous times. I would like to hear an answer to this too.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How did you uninstall Java?

Please follow the next steps and then after installing the newest version let us know how it works.

Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder

* Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
* Accept any prompts.
* Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
* Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

kelkay

kelkay

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Well I tried it, and it deleted old versions. I just did the regular Windows download. One part of the JRE download worked, and the other didn't. It said I exceeded maximum tries. So I tried to redo the thing, but it still didn't work. (this is via JavaRa) Maybe this will work for the original poster though. I decided to try to figure it out myself, so I went to the java website. I checked in add/remove programs and I did not see any JRE or any java whatsoever. When I tried to download from their website I got the 250999 error.
I followed the instructions on this page. http://java.com/en/d...error_25099.xml

The run command did not work. I tried the ctrl/alt/delete and went to processes, and did not see the jqs.exe in there. I tried to download manually http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
and I got the same error. I deleted all of the download files and redownloaded. I even tried to restart my computer to see if that made a difference, it didn't. So then I decided to look up jqs.exe via a file search. I was able to locate this C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin it has 150kb. But it is odd it is not running, and the cmd to try to stop it is not being recognized. I tried start, run, then hit cmd then hit enter. Then I put in net stop "Java Quick Starter" it said the specified service does not exist as an installed service. At least before I was able to update, even though the applets said they worked, they didn't always work. Whenever I tried to do the online Kaspersky free scan it would tell me I had trouble with applets loading. Not long ago they worked fine. Any ideas?

Edited by kelkay, 07 August 2009 - 01:58 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: kelkay

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech (Myself) to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. If you would like to follow along then I have no problem with that but please understand I am assisting nosebizi in this topic. Thank you for your cooperation.

nosebizi

nosebizi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi rshaffer61,

The Java is working properly again after I followed your instructions and steps. Thanks a million! :)

But I think my Java problem will return after some time like it did before. I'm not too sure whether its Java or other application that is conflicting with Vista (I think).

I'm using Firefox to login to a stock trading website which has JRE running in the background. Usually it works fine and allow me to login. Sometimes it doesn't work, and it prompts me to download the latest version of Java. I know I already have the latest version of Java. I worked around this problem by using Internet Explorer to login instead. This will usually solve the Java error problem. However, my Internet Explorer will block pop-up windows even though I already turned off the pop-up blocker. Everytime when I am able to login using Internet Explorer, when I login using Firefox immediately after, I am able to do so and my Firefox does not block the pop-up windows.

Yes, it was a hassle to login using Internet Explorer, logout, re-login using Firefox. And I had to do that almost everyday. But I make do with that since it was working fine, until the 2 occasions.

1st occasion was a few months back, same Java error when login using Firefox. So I used IE instead. But this time I wasn't able to do so. The same Java error message appeared when I tried using the IE to login. Downloaded the latest update of Java, run it, and still I was unable to login. I solved the problem when I un-installed Java using Control Panel, and run the latest version, and then it worked again. So it was back to the same hassle of login using IE, logout, re-login using Firefox thereafter.

2nd occasion was yesterday, which drove me to posting in this forum to try to look for solutions. Same thing happened again. Firefox had Java error message, IE also had same error message, un-installed all versions of Java, downloaded the latest version, and still, it cannot work on both IE and Firefox. I keep having the same Java error message which states that Java Runtime Environment (or Java Virtual XXXXXXXX, I can't remember the exact words) is not running properly and I need to download the latest version of Java. You provided me with the JavaRa.exe link, I followed the instructions and then everything was working properly again.

I just like to check a few things:

a. How can I solve the Java error once and for all? I am very sure I am already running the latest version of Java, and yet when I login using Firefox, I was prompted that I need to download the latest version. I want to continue using Firefox as it allows me to do a right click on the mouse, and allows pop-up windows to appear.

b. If there is no solution to the Java error, then how do I tweak the pop-up settings for Internet Explorer. I've already set it as "allow pop-up" and yet, it still block all the pop-up windows.

How can I resolve these issues? All comments and help are welcome! :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Seeing that there is a pattern going here let's try a few steps and then I would like you to go to the Malware forum to have your system checked out for a possible infection.

Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y

If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let's check your memory and make sure there is no issue with it. Download memtest86 from the link in my signature below.

Get the file that is named Download - The one you want is "Download - Pre-compiled Bootable ISO (.zip). When it downloads, it will be labeled memtest86+2.11.iso.zip
Unzip the file once you download it. You should have a .iso file in the unzipped directory. It will look like a zip file in some cases but the file name will now be memtest86+2.11.iso

if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc in my signature below.

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its memtest86.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

Make sure the bios is set for the cd drive as the first boot device
Put the cd in the cd drive and then boot your computer.

Running the Diagnostic Program:

The basic diagnostic screen has five main sections of relevant information. Three at the top which are labeled, PASS %, TEST %, and TEST #. This will basically show you the total progress of the current test, the overall progress of the diagnostic test, and the test number is currently performing.

On the middle left hand side of the of the program interface there is a “Wall Time” section that will keep track of how long the diagnostic test has been running for. This just gives you an idea if you are not attending the testing process.

The main section to look for is the lower half of the screen which is usually blank. As long as the memory testing is going ok with no errors this section of the screen should remain blank. If the diagnostic program finds any serious faults in the memory you will see it display a memory dump of address’s in this section. This is similar to what is displayed on your screen when you encounter a blue screen of death.

You now have most everything you need to know about setting up and testing your memory with diagnostic programs. This guide should help you get to the source of any intermittent problems related to your memory.

Run memtest for at least 2 hours
If it starts showing any errors during that time then you will have to replace the memory
If there are no errors after 2 hours press Esc and that will end the tests
We will then try other options

halieysmom

halieysmom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i have a question. can you walk me step by step how to what was in your singature in the above post? im gettign the same error! 1304 im not a computer wiz, ut i need help please so i can get java installed! thanks also if you need my email it is [email protected]

thanks!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What link are you asking about Halieysmom?

halieysmom

halieysmom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
How did you uninstall Java?

Please follow the next steps and then after installing the newest version let us know how it works.

Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder

* Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
* Accept any prompts.
* Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
* Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

this is what i do not nderstand how to do

Advertisements

halieysmom

halieysmom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
im lost i really just dont know a lot! i jus need help getting that error code fix so i can get java installed :-(

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
When you download and run the JavaRa program it will uninstall all older versions of Java for you.
Then simply by restarting JavaRa and click on the Search For Updates button it will find the newest version of Java for you and download it for you. Then you click on the downloaded file and the Newest version of Java will be installed on your system.

halieysmom

halieysmom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
what is the link or website to go to to download that?

halieysmom

halieysmom

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i see it now sorry

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
http://sourceforge.n...ft&words=javara

This is the same link but I pasted it directly for you. :D