Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Elements 6 error message

• Please log in to reply

nanacama

nanacama

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am getting an intermittent error message when I close my Adobe Photoshop Elements version 6.

Photoshop Elements Editor.exe Application error
The instruction at 0x74985dee referenced memory at ox00000020.
The memory could not be read.

My PC has Windows XP with SP3.

The program appears to be working properly except for this. Does anyone know how I can find out what this is and maybe get rid of it? I have been to the Adobe site but didn't find anything helpful.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Generally that's nothing to worry about. Its just a violation mad by the program in reference to system memory.

Usually it will require you to either repair or reinstall the program.
You would need to click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs then double click on the Adobe elements entry. You will then get a box either asking if you want to remove it or if you lucky asking if you want to repair it.
If the options there, repair if not then uninstall then reinstall.

However to be honest its not going to cause any problems and so I would just leave it for now, saves you the hassle.

nanacama

nanacama

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you for your response. I will just leave it alone as long as the program is still working. I am afraid that if I uninstall Elements, I will lost the photos that are stored in the Organizer part of the program.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Thank you for your response. I will just leave it alone as long as the program is still working. I am afraid that if I uninstall Elements, I will lost the photos that are stored in the Organizer part of the program.

Good call :)

I'm unsure exactly as the whether you would loose the file's or not and so its good to see your leaving it. If I say you could uninstall it and keep the file's then I would, but im not 100% certain as to how the program uninstalls and how it deals with your data and so I am weary as to what advice to offer there, and don't want to be responsible for loosing your files :)

If there are any other issue the post back and I'll be here to help. If I don't reply then just PM me and il get on it :)