Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error messsage: iview425_setup.exe is not a valid win 32 program

• Please log in to reply

00marit00

00marit00

• Pip
  • 5 posts
error messsage: iview425_setup.exe is not a valid win 32 program
Keep getting that error, no matter what program i try and run. :)
Even the ones i know work and that i have used before.
I had some problems with explorer crashing and the net slowing down. I reinstalled windows and now i am getting theese messages. :)

Can someone please help me out.

Thanks so much.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Was it clean install?

00marit00

00marit00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yes, no hitches whatsoever. I did try to install windows ultimate (orginale version 32 bit) but the laptop didn't like that AT ALL. So i used the recovery disc that i made especially for the laptop.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
How long since the reinstall? What security programs do you use?
I'm asking, because "not a valid win 32 program" message is often connected to some infection.
You can't open any program whatsoever?

00marit00

00marit00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
About 5 days ago. The computer came with an 30 day trial of McAfee antivirus.
Certain programs, like VLC went on without a hitch. I downloaded Explorer 8 and i had major problems getting that on. After alot of hazzle it just installed without any more problems. I'm not exactly a computer whizz (unfortunatly) but i have never experienced any of this before when i have installed windows. Allthough before i have formatted and reinstalled everything myself, without an recovery disc.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
So, which programs won't open?
When reinstalling, were you connected to the internet?

00marit00

00marit00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
iview, Utorrent, stronghold, Incredimail, real player. That's the ones i've tried so far.

No i wasn't connected to the net.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

00marit00

00marit00

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Just wanted to say thanks alot for the help. I did what the page told me to do and it found and fixed the problem and i can now install all my programs again.
You guys do a terrific job.

Thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Cool :)