Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I get rid of my infected files

• Please log in to reply

DonalK

DonalK

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I followed the steps in the cleaning guide, and I think I got rid of a few viruses. My computer is still running really slow though. I just did a Panda scan and the results show 9 infected files. How do I get rid of these.
The panda scan results follow.
Any help would be really really appreciated.
Donal

I have also run a scan using MBAM and have removed 25 viruses using Avira. Is there something else I need to be doing?

;***********************************************************************************************************************
ANALYSIS: 2009-08-09 19:32:56
PROTECTIONS: 1
MALWARE: 9
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;=======================================================================================================================
============================================================
AntiVir Desktop 9.0.1.32 Yes Yes
;=======================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
00139061 Cookie/Doubleclick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@doubleclick[2].txt
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@atdmt[2].txt
00145393 Cookie/Tradedoubler TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@tradedoubler[2].txt
00167642 Cookie/Com.com TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@com[1].txt
00168056 Cookie/YieldManager TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@serving-sys[2].txt
00168093 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
00170554 Cookie/Overture TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Cookies\keenan@overture[2].txt
00590315 Rootkit/Agent.LNB HackTools No 0 Yes No C:\System Volume Information\_restore{FA76AAE1-0D6B-45E6-A0E5-2E9BB81BE9AD}\RP106\A0054339.sys
SUSPECTS
Sent Location 2
VULNERABILITIES
Id Severity Description 2
179553 HIGH MS07-061 2
129976 MEDIUM MS06-052 2
104567 HIGH MS06-002 2

Edited by DonalK, 09 August 2009 - 05:25 AM.

Advertisements

DonalK

DonalK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have also run a scan using MBAM and have removed 25 viruses using Avira. Is there something else I need to be doing?