Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advanced virus remover problems

• Please log in to reply

Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so im on my laptop right now because my PC aquired a program called "Advanced Virus Remover". So I uploaded a pic of the malicious program. Well this starts up upon powering up my desktop, it starts scanning and after about a minute or two, my PC restarts (WinXP OS).
I've tried starting it up on safe mode and all the other modes available, but it just keeps restarting. I did notice though that it would restart after Mcafee started up, so that may have something to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

If you are experiencing malware relaed issues then may I suggest following the instructions in this link then post the required logs in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal

Murray

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Guy Fawkes,

Hi, and welcome to Geeks to Go. I'd like you to post in our malware forum: http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html. We can't help with malware in this forum. Since you can't start in normal or safe mode, you can't run any of the scanners yet, but make sure you tell them in your post that it keeps rebooting. One of our helpers will work with you to get you sorted out.