Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks to go pages load improperly in firefox 3.5

• Please log in to reply

Wisdom2

Wisdom2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I just wanted to share that i have noticed that the Pages from Geeks to Go have a spinning circle symbol that never stops spinning in Firefox 3.5 - meaning the page never quits its loading cycle. And in Task manager it at least on my healthy computer shows 100% cpu utilization.

When i click the X bottom for "stop loading the page", then immediately the CPU utilization drops to 2%.

It is not happening for any other sites I open in this browser.

Other then that a marvelous site!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm running 3.52 and pages are loading properly. I'll do a little digging. I think our server admin had a similar problem at one time.

Wisdom2

Wisdom2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I found an earlier post from another patron, who had same issue. Although this page loaded fine right now.

Wisdom2

Wisdom2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
sorry, just noticed after my reply the page reloaded with that circular rotation icon in the firefox tab. Its no big deal, just that one has to hit the x to stop loading to avoid cpu 100% utilization.

Well on my PC ever since I upgraded to firefox 3.5 many people myself included get a popup when starting up firefox saying :

" The procedure entry point IsThreadDesktopComposited could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll. "

In mozilla's forums many people are geting that message since upgrading to 3.5.

I wonder if that is causing the issue with your sites page not quitting the page loading stage.