Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Image Acquisition has stopped working

• Please log in to reply

bakerspecial

bakerspecial

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Recently I had a hard drive fail and had to reinstall everything onto a new drive. Everything has installed without issue, except for my Brother MFC-465cn all in one unit. Upon installing the software from the installation disk, the unit is found on the system and everything is working other than the scanner. After restarting the system I received the error "Windows Image Acquisition has stopped working". The scanner does not seem to be able to connect with the computer, which I am assuming is because of the imaging error. Additional details show APPCRASH, Application name: svchost.exe_stisvc.

I have tried restarting the WIA, but it immediately stops after restart. I've searched the net extensively and have not been able to find anything on this issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by bakerspecial, 12 August 2009 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements

bakerspecial

bakerspecial

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've noticed in a similar post a request for information from the event viewer. These two errors show repeatedly:

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

bakerspecial

bakerspecial

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I had hoped somebody here may have seen this before and could have helped. I'm thinking after three days, and no ideas, that may not happen. Does anyone possibly have any suggestions on where I may be able to find more info on this? This is really creating issues for me on both a work and personal level that I need to resolve. At this point any ideas at all would be welcome! Thanks in advance!