Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Iframes, frames or other method

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
So my situation is basically this.
I have a website, and I have a forum, my forum is on an external site to my actual website. so how do I get my forum and website to act as one page

www.leedslgbtstudents.co.uk/0910/forum.html

as you can see I have used an Iframe. but what I want is to have one set of scroll bars, instead of 2 sets (1 for the actual webpage and one for the iframe contents)

so that you could go through the page as if it was one webpage and all the coding was in one place!

I am trying to avoide frames and even Iframes as my accessibility officer informs me they are not accessable (policys etc)

Advertisements

Pyrrish

Pyrrish

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Your best bet is to modify the forum HTML to include your own custom header. If you want to fix the problem immediately (but still using frames) change the iframe height to around 1700 and the scrollbar will disappear.