Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe not running after braviax infection

• Please log in to reply

somethingsgottawork

somethingsgottawork

• Pip
  • 2 posts
While visiting a gaming website my computer was infected with Braviax.exe and probably something else.
At first the "Your computer has been infected with spyware..." box popped up in the bottom right corner. Then the ipod attached to the computer came on. Then an adobe reader message tried to open.
Finally the desktop background was changed and distorted.
I tried to run the Malwarebytes program and then my desktop became black and the start menu and task bar disappeared. I have not been able to get them back.
I can open task manager and have tried to start explorer.exe (which is not running).
I get a message that Windows cannot open that path, file or something. I may not have the permission to access the file.
I have tried to run Malwarebytes through task mgr but nothing starts, I do not get any error msgs.
I browsed through Windows file via the task mgr and found the braviax.exe file. I deleted it but that did not solve the problem.
I am trying to find my Windows CD to try to re-install windows but no luck.
I also believe that my Profile is corrupt because when I try to shut down windows with the task manager I get a message that my Profile is too large and I need to delete some files before closing. It displayed a list with all my ipod songs and photos and a lot of other files.
I have given as much information as I can think of. Oh, I am running Windows XP.
I would appreciate any help or advice you can give. Thank you

Advertisements