Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Find out if you've got Asperger Syndrome

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Asperger syndrome
is an autism spectrum disorder, and people with it therefore show significant difficulties in social interaction, along with stereotypies and other restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests. It differs from other autism spectrum disorders by its relative preservation of linguistic and cognitive development. Although not required for diagnosis, physical clumsiness and atypical use of language are frequently reported.[1][2]

Asperger syndrome is also called Asperger's syndrome,[1] Asperger (or Asperger's) disorder,[3][4] or just Asperger's.[5] It is named after the Austrian pediatrician Hans Asperger who, in 1944, described children in his practice who lacked nonverbal communication skills, demonstrated limited empathy with their peers, and were physically clumsy.[6] Fifty years later, it was standardized as a diagnosis, but questions about many aspects remain.[7] For example, there is lingering doubt about whether it is distinct from high-functioning autism (HFA);[8] partly because of this, its prevalence is not firmly established. The exact cause is unknown, although research supports the likelihood of a genetic basis; brain imaging techniques have not identified a clear common pathology.[1]

There is no single treatment, and the effectiveness of particular interventions is supported by only limited data.[1] Intervention is aimed at improving symptoms and function. The mainstay of management is behavioral therapy, focusing on specific deficits to address poor communication skills, obsessive or repetitive routines, and physical clumsiness.[9] Most individuals improve over time, but difficulties with communication, social adjustment and independent living continue into adulthood.[7] Some researchers and people with Asperger's have advocated a shift in attitudes toward the view that it is a difference, rather than a disability that must be treated or cured.[10]

http://www.rdos.net/eng/ click on the aspie quiz link on the left side and take the test

my results

Your Aspie score: 147 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

asp.png

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That would explain a lot.... :)

My results:

Your Aspie score: 35 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 180 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical

aspietest.png

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Your Aspie score: 16 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 179 of 200

Posted Image

What's a "wedding wow"?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

What's a "wedding wow"?

You'll find out when you get hitched! :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

That would explain a lot....

i find that most descriptions with the word "typical" in them don't apply to me haha

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Your Aspie score: 48 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 172 of 200

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
poly12b.php.png

Yikes! :) I'm Aspie AND neurotypical!

What to do? Ya know dsenette, you could have added that the quiz/questionnaire was 165 questions long!!! Then again, now that I think about it... I didn't have anything to do today anyway. So, what the heck!

Your Aspie score: 93 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 126 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Do I have to report myself to some organization?

Edited by crooz, 11 August 2009 - 01:07 PM.

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
This site has to be bogus. If you look at the graph of my last post, it listed me as 'almost' NOT having any talent. Have you visited my (old, let it be at that) website? Klick on here and you'll see my creations. Just sorry that I haven't had the opportunity to further excel myself since the last paintings. My apartment where I live in now doesn't give you the room to allow this.

Edited by crooz, 11 August 2009 - 01:33 PM.

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts

Thank you for filling out this questionnaire.

Your Aspie score: 136 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 69 of 200

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
*dsenette tries to give handhfan a high five but misses
darned aspergers

This site has to be bogus. If you look at the graph of my last post, it listed me as 'almost' NOT having any talent. Have you visited my (old, let it be at that) website? Klick on here and you'll see my creations. Just sorry that I haven't had the opportunity to further excel myself since the last paintings. My apartment where I live in now doesn't give you the room to allow this.

you obviously don't understand how psychological tests evaluate the scores....they're not saying you don't have "talent" (which by the way is COMPLETELY unmeasurable or quantifiable)...it says that your talents (as assessed by the given test) lie in a range that is either consistent with those who have aspbergers...or those who don't (or in your case....both)

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Your Aspie score: 80 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 112 of 200

Of course I also said I was a 109 year old American Indian from Albania

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I thought my score would be much higher?

Your Aspie score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200

Attached Images

• poly12b.php.png

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

as a note....this isn't one of those game quizzes like the "are you a nerd" test....this is actually an autism/asperger's study and information website...so the stuff you put in there get's put into a database to aggregate demographic information for scientific study....so you might not want to lie about anything there.....i think there was an "other" selection...which is usually what you should choose when you don't want to put the truth

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

as a note....this isn't one of those game quizzes like the "are you a nerd" test....this is actually an autism/asperger's study and information website...so the stuff you put in there get's put into a database to aggregate demographic information for scientific study....so you might not want to lie about anything there.....i think there was an "other" selection...which is usually what you should choose when you don't want to put the truth

Woops...my bad

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 71 of 200

Man that was a long test...

All these years and I finally have an insight to some issues i have... :)
http://www.rdos.net/...&...1=73&p12=44