Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Failed VGA Test

• Please log in to reply

bubicus

bubicus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I've seen this topic and question around all of the place and so far not much has worked. To sum up the problem just recently my computer wont load up anything involving the display. Then the annoying robotic lady says "system failed vga test."
So far I've tried
-Vacuuming everything even to the smallest detail.
-Taking out and pluging in all cords replacing a lot of them.
-Messing with the video card but it wouldn't help much cause the computer doesn't even get to that point.
-Taking out everything to just the mother board, power supply, and speakers.
-Resetting the CMOS
-Even took out the card that says "single/dual video card"
Also the power supply should be big enough with the right voltage but I'll post it up anyways. I think it might be most likely something not getting enough power but not quite sure where it is.

I am running with a:
P5ND2 - SLI Deluxe
Neo HE power supply 550W 12V
Intel Pentium 4 3.7 I think but I really don't wanna take off that CPU fan.
ATI Sapphire X1950 GT

There are more specs but I think those are the basics of what you need.

I'm hoping this is an easy fix, but if not I need to figure out what needs to be replaced before I go spend a lot of money. And if so anyone have some suggestions to what to buy?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements