Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell xps 200 switching cases?

• Please log in to reply

filly77

filly77

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi I have a dell xps 200, it runs flawlessly now that I added more ram and the computer guy got all the dust out w/ an air compressor. i did problems with over heating, I cant upgrade the fan due to lack of space. So to avoid it getting hot and frying my computer, I'd like to take everything out of the original case and throw it into the Apevia X-Cruiser 2 Case (silver) I love the lights and im sure the fan would be better than this teeny one that dell used.

Does anyone know if this will work? will anything need to be replaced? as because its a smaller computer tower, are the components smaller?

can someone please help.. ty :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Very doubful with a Dell. The motherboard is usually an odd size that stops it going into a standard case.

filly77

filly77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
well could the motherboard be replaced but still use the other stuff inside? i really want a cool lookin LED tower lol

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Yes but your Windows licence legally dies with the Dell case.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Yes but your Windows licence legally dies with the Dell case.

Actually that's the motherboard. :)

Replacing the motherboard is fine, you just need to make sure you choose one that has ports/connections for everything you need. And as Neil has mentioned, a new Windows license.

Troy