Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burnt XP Pro CD Wont Load on Startup

• Please log in to reply

necro

necro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I have an IBM t40 laptop off a family member and they stuffed up on the restore recovery application thing built in. now, there is no xp, and some stuffed up thing saying error, as i have a burnt XP Pro cd, it's not starting up straight away through booting from cdrom as it does on my computer, not sure why. i've got a boot disc, and i'm trying to boot the cd from the disc, but cant seem to do it, can someone please ;)

Advertisements

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
yu need to enter setup, by hitting the "del" key when booting or what evr your computer asks yu to do - and change the boot seqeunce. Set the disk drive as primary boot device - you should be all set

necro

necro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
tried that mate, it won't recognise it, it tries to start windows after it tries to read disc
????