Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New to Gaming... Some Questions.

• Please log in to reply

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
No I don't. It's the Prince of Persia :)

Advertisements

ImpulzzNL

ImpulzzNL

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Actually, Perplexus, not all MMORPG's require you to gather everything you need in PvE, before doing PvP. Prime example of this is one of my favorites, Guild Wars. You can actually create PvP characters, at max level, with the highest level of gear available. The only let-down is that the skins for every sword and bit of armor for the PvP characters are pretty generic unless you put alot of time in that aswell ^^'.

Another thing good about Guild Wars is that it's a one-time fee to play for as long as you like.

Edited by ImpulzzNL, 17 August 2009 - 11:18 AM.

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
ah.. i have the new PoP on Xbox360.. i like it lol makes me want to go get the other several of them.. lol

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry ferarri...i just noticed this topic...maybe you should get one of these...it's probably more your speed

Posted Image

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
I actually quit playing PoP in the middle of Two Thrones (I think). I got really :) when trying to get by a particular nasty fight and every time I lost, I had to go back through a complete chariot ride just to get to the fight again. It seemed like it took 2 minutes to restart the fight every time. I thought I was gonna have a stroke. :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
:) Dsenette,

I'm staying away from these games with no end and having to earn and find things. I think I have decided I'm more of a war guy like Crysis, FEAR, CoD, I don't want it to feel like work. I just want to blow [bleep] up.

BTW: I got banned from a server today and I have no idea why. I was doing really really good too. I'm willing to bet I was in first place in the "Every man for themselves" game. I don't know what that is called, haha. Why did I get banned do you think? I wasn't doing anything bad that I know of, and I don't talk in the chat cause I don't know how! :)

P.S. I can't Bleep da bleep da bleeping bleep bleep stand players that do this jumpin around crap when they are getting shot at. I understand a jump and a ScHwErVe, but some of these guys are like monkeys flying all around, really takes the fun out of it and I don't agree with that kind of play.

Perplexus

Perplexus

Lord of the Geeks

• Malware Removal
  • 1,185 posts
Well then, you just stand there with your finger up your nose while I stick and RPG shell up the other nostril! :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Ouch!

MrFish

MrFish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

--MrFish.. whats up with the dont play maple story part? i have never played it but is it that bad? like runescape? i sure hope not cuz runescape was pretty bad....

I would definitely play runescape before I play maplestory. 98% of it's players are 12 or under so there isn't a lot of interesting or intelligent conversation going on. It's gameplay is pretty bad and I've heard it's got one of the most overpowered item malls in the free mmorpg world.

Here are a couple funny reviews for it on youtube. Worth the watch :)

http://www.youtube.c...s/2/g-pDEI3V2l0
http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page - Not really a review, just a rant.

DO NOT BEGIN THESE GAMES. They will suck the soul right out of you! :)

They are quite addicting. War games are also addicting, but you don't feel you have to "do" anything so you can get on or off whenever you like. An mmorpg becomes a job. It's a fun job but you will loose track of your priorities. Suddenly, getting those 1500 iron ores seems more important then going to school today :)

I'm personally done with these mmorpgs. Although I will give Mabinogi Heroes a try when it comes out. Looks really fun.
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
It looks like a levels mmorpg.

My theory is: Play them as a kid, make them as an adult.

Why did I get banned do you think?

You said in a previous post that you were purposefully TKing and Bleeding (Team killing and hurting your team mates). While it's fun for the offender it's not for the victim or any of your other team. I even get mad when someone on the other team does this.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

Why did I get banned do you think?

You said in a previous post that you were purposefully TKing and Bleeding (Team killing and hurting your team mates). While it's fun for the offender it's not for the victim or any of your other team. I even get mad when someone on the other team does this.

Different server, different day, different players. I don't think that had anything to do with it, buy maybe someone remembered me, I don't know. I was in the game for a good 40mins, part of 1 game and almost done with the next, then BAM (You have been banned from this Server)

I was hiding out some, found a good spot and went on a 6 person killing spree hiding there before I got nailed. I wonder if there was a rule I was unaware of that you aren't supposed to hide out. I don't know. :) I'm a goody two shoes, never been banned from anything before. :) Gaming is bringing out the worst in me I guess. :)

Advertisements

MrFish

MrFish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
People will ban you if you aren't good or they don't like you. Maybe if you were hiding out you were dragging the game out in a way or just doing something annoying. They will ban you for that :)

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You can also get banned for being too good... I often get kicked out of COD4 servers after I get a 5:1 kill:death ratio for several rounds in a row... :)

Also, someone said that AION uses the same engine as Crysis... No, it uses the same engine as Far Cry, which is CryEngine 1. (Crysis uses CryEngine 2.)

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
ah my fault on the engine thing.. the numbers escaped me.... lol

still its in the same line so it cant be far off and should still have the potential to do very similar graphics...

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
CryEngine 2 was built from the ground up... If you've ever played Far Cry and Crysis, the difference in the graphics is stunning. Though, to be fair, Far Cry was easily the best-looking game of its time.

The point is, AION might have graphics of Far Cry quality, but not Crysis quality. The makers of MMORPGs want for as many people to be able to play their game as possible. Using a demanding engine such as CryEngine 2 would severely limit the amount of computers that could run the game.

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
point taken.. you win..lol i never played far cry so yea... and that does make sense that they would use it to suit more people. But soon(in a year's time prolly) standard laptops should be able to suit cryengine 2 and higher end one will be looking for cry engine3 (assuming cryengine 2 can be updated enough to release an entire new engine. Talking major physics upgrades and possibly better shader dynamics. possibly anti-aliasing improvements along with other various aspects as well).