After reading one of the sections you said I would have to go in is the Documents & settings folder, I thought of something that may help to figure out what is going on. I went to just look and see what is in the Documents & Settings folder and it does seem to list the users for the computer in there too. So, here is what all I found below. As you can see, in parenthesees I put what is in each folder, as you can see some of the stuff are files and some seem to be folders.
The only bad thing that happend, and you will see in #4 what I wrote, while looking around, I accidently hit something and one of the files is gone. I have no idea what file it even was because it happend so fast. I accidently hit the mouse, and it went over something and then the list shortened. Anyway to find what happened when you don't even know what it is you hit? Like a way to figure out what tasks you recently did or files that got moved?
In Documents and Settings
1. Administrator- 5 items(Cookies-folder, Desktop-folder, Favorites-star icon, Owner's Documents-folder, Start Menu-folder, INSTALL.LOG-text document icon)
2. Administrator.AMY- 6 items(Same as above plus NTUSER.DAT-DAT File)
3. All Users- 5 items(Desktop-folder, Favorites-folder, Shared Documents-folder, Start Menu-folder, NTUSER.DAT)
4. AmyR- 19/18 items(.java-folder, .javawas-folder, .jpi cache-folder, Desktop-folder, Favorites-star, My Documents-folder, Start Menu-folder, Windows-folder, .plugin140 01.trace-Trace file, .plugin141 02.trace-Trace file, DIGDUG.CFG-cfg file, GALAXIAN.CFG-cfg file, Get.log-text document, hijackthis2.log-text document, INSTALL.LOG- text document, NTUSER.DAT- Dat file, PACMAN.CFG-cfg file, PP.CFG-cfg file, PUTTY.RND-Rnd file)
There were 19 items and I accidently hit something and not sure what I hit. Now there are only 18 items.
5. Owner- 7 items(Same as the Administrator in #1, plus NTUSER.DAT)
With all the problems we keep having with repairmen, hoping that between my brother-in-law who knows alot on computers and you all too will hopefully one of these days will get my computer working right again. My brother-in-law uses this site and told us(me and mom) about it. Only other problem since he lives a good bit away from us, doesn't get over our way alot. But last time he was over, he did so much work on my computer and on my mom's too. He put things like Ccleaner, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, ATF Cleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-aware SE Lavasoft, and so many other things he put on. We also have AVG, and have had it ever since years ago Norton stopped working.
So, he ran everything and did what he could do and stuff. Some of the things he didn't remove due to just being really scared I wont be able to get my files working. In the past things we have used damaged and removed important thing.
Oh and guess what happend one day too with the previous computer I had. This tech at Compaq told us to do an FDisk. Now at the time we didn't know a thing about what an Fdisk does. But before doing it, we asked the tech several times if we need to back things up before doing this. She kept saying No and that nothing will get erased.
So, after that, we are actually very cautious about what anyone tells us to do, and try and double check that this is really the best thing to do, and what all will happen too after doing it.
Well, I'll see you all later.
Take Care, and thank you so much for helping,