Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apple

• Please log in to reply

roadran

roadran

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Price diffrence between 99 dollar iphone and ipod touch 299 dollars What the... there is a big diffrence between those 2 items. The iphone is less then the ipod touch but the iphone has more features i mean What the...!

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Getting an iPhone for that price probably involves signing a contract with a cellular provider. The contract will have you paying the cellular provider several hundred dollars over the course of the contract, so they're willing to cut the price upfront on the phone itself.

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
why don't they just make the iphone higher

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Are you more likely to buy the phone (and required contract) if the price is higher or lower?

roadran

roadran

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
i was not gonna buy the iphone i wanted 2 get the ipod touch

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
My point was that cellular providers price the iPhone lower, rather than higher, is that basic economics tells us consumers are more likely to buy a product if it costs less. Breaking even, or even losing money, on the phone is worth it for them because you're forced to sign a contract that will bring them lots of money.

Anyways, if you're looking to get an iPod Touch, the price of an iPhone shouldn't matter to you...

diazed

diazed

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Their price is high and has little deals.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
then don't buy it.....buy something cheaper...as if the touch is the only MP3 player around....