Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

having MUCH difficulty installing driver for graphics card

• Please log in to reply

alekviljanen

alekviljanen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
every time I go to update my graphic cards drivers I get a black screen with a white cursor in the upper left corner and the cursor will blink until i turn it off, nothing is responsive except the power button. Or I get a blue screen saying NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error *** Hardware Malfunction
Call your hardware vendor for support *** The system has halted **. I am trying to update my newly bought Jaton Video-PX7300LE-256 GeForce 7300LE 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low Profile Ready Video Card.

System Specs
Budget: VGA:Jaton Video-PX7300LE-256 GeForce 7300LE Monitor:
MB:Intel 915GV Express OS:XP pro Browser:Fire Fox
CPU:# Intel Pentium 4 521 / 2.8 GHz Sound:integrated CPU Pps:Gaming
Memory:512.0 MB and a 256MB DDR2 240-pin PSU:230.0 Wat Brand:
HD: 80.0 GB - Standard - Serial ATA-150 - 7200.0 rpm Cooling:FAN

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Don't know if you know, or have done this, but you should revert to the basic Windows video driver before installing/updating drivers. Especially with Nvidia and ATI. It's always best to uninstall the current driver, restart Windows, (verify Windows is using the basic driver), then install the new driver. This is how I've always done it in the past and what Nvidia recommends.

Many people use Driver Sweeper to help uninstall Nvidia drivers. You can get it from HERE if you choose to use it. Read the page, or visit the Forums listed on the page, to help you understand what you need to do, or if you have problems.

The basic steps to uninstall Nvidia drivers....
1) Install Driver Sweeper
2) Uninstall the Nvidia Driver via Control Panel Add/Remove Programs
3) Restart your machine... into SAFE MODE... (hit F8 as your computer boots up)
4) Run Driver Sweeper... follow the prompts
5) Restart your machine... (Windows should boot using the basic video driver)
6) Install the new Nvidia drivers

Post back if you need more help. Good luck!

alekviljanen

alekviljanen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I get a blue screen message after the driver is done and it says hardware malfunction partition memory something. I have tried with different drivers.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Perhaps this new card is bad. Have you contacted the vendor you bought it from yet? See if you can return it for another one.