Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Ghost file!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I have a file that was burnt to a cd, but after a reboot windows always tells me " Files ready to be written to CD". When I go to the file and try to delete it it won't let me. As a matter of fact the file has no KB, you can't write click on it for properties or to delete it.I tried safe mode that don't work. Right now I have turned off the record feature in the Roms properties to disable the windows built in burn software. That eliminates the banner but the file is still there. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You can try the "move on boot" program.