Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System recovery enviroment incomplete

• Please log in to reply

farmboy1993

farmboy1993

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I have an HP 7905. I have ran the recovery disks. (Disks 1-7). It then told me that the recovery is incomplete. Please insert disk one again"! Then it asked for the rest. Then when its through all 7 again it tells me "system recovery is incomplete. Please insert disk one again." I have done this countless times, and I keep getting the same results. How do I get the system recovery to complete? I did get a message saying C:\Preload\base_I>INP not found Then it asks do I want to abort, retry, or ignore. No matter what I select it says recovery is incomplete. Please insert disk one again! Please Help........Thanks.........Don...

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi farmboy1993 ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
do you mean restore disks like your going to completely reinstall xp back to like the day you got the computer

farmboy1993

farmboy1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yes! I have a 7-disk set that says "Installing this disc will return your comp. hard disk drive to it's original software configuration". I have ran the disks several times, and when I'm done it says System recovery enviroment incomplete. Please insert disk one again, and it just keeps telling me the same everytime.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
lets try reformatting the hard drive before you try installing from the disks...

go here..download the following file: rc.iso...
if you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files go here and get burncdcc ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start by clicking on BurnCDCC.exe
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....in this case its rc.iso
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

make sure in the bios the cd drive is the first boot device....put the cd in the cd drive..boot your computer....

when you boot from rc.iso you will get a blue screen and it will say setup is loading files...
then it will say its starting windows...you will get to a screen that says ...do you want to install windows or 2nd choice it to repair windows...press r to repair...you will get to a ...C:\>.......this is where you type in format c: then press enter