Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Yellow Sheild (like windows update) with exclam point in it ap

• Please log in to reply

newONpc

newONpc

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello

When I boot up my computer I get a yellow shield like in Windows Update (close to the clock) notifications. It always says downloading 0% in it when the mouse drags over it for information. My computer is very slow now and when I go from and internet window to the desktop the screen flashes white briefly. The shield disappears after a short while.

I use windows XP home edition version 2002 service pack 2
I use Firefox 1.9.1.3497 most of the time and Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 occasionally.
I have a 3 year old Toshiba laptop with a 1.70 ghz processor, 1.69 ghz, 448 mb ram.
I have gone through all the steps in your guide and attached the reports (OTL & Extras , MBAM and Rootrepair)

I appreciate any input you may have.
Cheers

Attached Files

Advertisements