Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet not detected........................

• Please log in to reply

selva

selva

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi,
I have a compaq presario SG3043IL............The ethernet driver was installed but did not detect the connection.............When seen in the device manager it showed error code 20 and the network adapter was also not seen in the list.............I installed the network adapter by myself by going to add new hardware and found it to have error code 10................So pls help me out with this..................

Thank you.

Advertisements

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Hi,
I have a compaq presario SG3043IL............The ethernet driver was installed but did not detect the connection.............When seen in the device manager it showed error code 20 and the network adapter was also not seen in the list.............I installed the network adapter by myself by going to add new hardware and found it to have error code 10................So pls help me out with this..................

Thank you.

Hi There

Uninstall it, then get the latest driver from the manufacturer's website (not the Windows one or the one that came with it) and reinstall using the newer driver.

Then repost.

Regards

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
I did get the new driver from the realtek website and install it but still no use..........................Its a PCI fast ethernet 8139/810x

Edited by selva, 18 August 2009 - 04:47 AM.

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi There

Have you added any other PCI cards? Also can you identify the motherboards? Use PC WIZARD.

I think you have a similar post in the XP forum so I'd keep to ONE post.

Regards

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Yes am sure because it worked fine for 1 year only after reinstalling the os i have trouble......................And am in a cafe far from home so cant use thePC WIZARD software now................Any other way pls or a link to the direct driver pls.......................

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Yes am sure because it worked fine for 1 year only after reinstalling the os i have trouble......................And am in a cafe far from home so cant use thePC WIZARD software now................Any other way pls or a link to the direct driver pls.......................

Hi There

Provide the motherboard details and we can take it from there.

Regards

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Got the specifications from the HP site...............

http://h10025.www1.h...n...955&lang=en

Its a DUAL CORE processor with INTEL945g chipset inside it.....................

Edited by selva, 18 August 2009 - 05:00 AM.

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi There

Latest driver for that NIC from FOXCONN website:

http://www.foxconnsu...mp;sort=Drivers

Might want to install the latest chipset driver BEFORE the NIC driver. Its on the same page.

Regards

Edited by datarunner, 18 August 2009 - 05:04 AM.

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Firstly i apologise for giving u the link for the specifications then penning it down i was not that sure thats y gave the link..................

And thank u for the link ill try it out now should i uninstall all the drivers and reinstall it or uninstall the ethernet alone....................

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
i cant see a download link on that page........................

Advertisements

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Firstly i apologise for giving u the link for the specifications then penning it down i was not that sure thats y gave the link..................

And thank u for the link ill try it out now should i uninstall all the drivers and reinstall it or uninstall the ethernet alone....................

Hi There

I'd uninstall the NIC, then reboot then do the chipset then NIC.

Let me know how you get on.

:)

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Fine thanks ill uninstall the nic install the cipset driver and then install the nic driver.....................

Will post u the results tommo thanks........................

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
i tried the method which u told..it dint work out...i am still getting the same error code...shall i scan with pc wizard n post a report?

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

i tried the method which u told..it dint work out...i am still getting the same error code...shall i scan with pc wizard n post a report?

Hi There

Did you install the latest chipset, reboot and then install the NIC?

Regards

selva

selva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
yes i did..i installed the chipset from the foxconn site itself but it dint work....