Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs Won't Install/No internet

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I just got a new computer with vista on it yesterday. Booted it up and tried to install my telus cd so I could connect to the internet and download all the necessary updates. It won't install. It also won't let me install anything else it seems. I'm completely new to vista so I have no idea if there's settings I need to change somewhere to allow me to do anything.

It will detect my wireless network, but it won't let me connect manually. Apparently its running Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, 64-bit.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Lisa

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hi,

What happens when you try to install something? Error message, or just nothing? Are you an administrator on the computer?

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > Change Your Account Type

-Jason :)