Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading my desktop

• Please log in to reply

no clue mom

no clue mom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP Pavilion a1240n desktop. This computer has been great, but now I have broadband internet and the computer is having issues.
At start up there is a mass amount of processes going and it takes it forever to boot. When I am using the internet the computer will freeze or sometimes reboot itself. I have ordered 2 more gigs of memory and have found out the computer does not have a graphics card. I need to know the compatability of graphics cards for my system. I know that I have PCI slots and that the games I like to play require at least 3200. I want the best bang for my buck that will work smoothly with HP. I have it in a closed space so I need one that won't overheat or any suggestions on keeping it from overheating (ideas and set up). :)

Advertisements