Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash drive data recovery

• Please log in to reply

kstp

kstp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I recently had problems with my usb drive, even with the minimum touch, any usb device connected disconnects.
I did a routine format my pc some days ago, and before I saved the data on my 20gb mp3 Spirit 20 from Entempo, but because of the usb drive issue, the Spirit 20 broke. Now windows doesn't recognize it, and even if I try to turn it on, it sounds like it wants to launch but then I hear some kind of short and low noise, like a knock. The screen displays this image Posted Image, the user manual says "HDD failure". I've try to use a lot of file recovery software but I can't get my data back since windows is not finding the device. The Entempo company no longer exists so I can't ask them for help.
I need the data back, please tell me if there is a way to do it. I'm XP user.
Let me know if you need more info about the issue.

PS: don't buy that mp3 player, it's really sh*t. I think I'm useing a hammer on it when I recover the files :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
bad news....if it's a hard drive failure...and the device isn't getting recognized by the computer...then you're pretty much out of luck...

you MIGHT be able to find a company online that can remove the disk from the contraption and get the data off that way...but it's not going to be cheap

kstp

kstp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your fast answer. I'm afraid you're right, I've been searching for weeks about the issue. The nearest thing I've found is I could be able to repair it easily but I would loose all my data.
Still I'll wait a bit more in case someone has a clue. Thanks again :-)