Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Male Plug Not Connecting-Help To Get Info Off Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply

porch123

porch123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a small USB spy camera. I am pretty sure the male plug of the flash drive was damaged when put in wrong. I need to get info off the drive. Is there any way of getting this to connect so I can transfer the info off. Info or advice appreciated, thanks.
Everything else works in the usb port. I have tried the the unit on other computers with no luck. When it did connect the light came on to charge it but getting nothing and as said no recognition on computer. Would like to get the files off of the "cameras" hard drive.

Any ideas or solutions? Appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
While I have no advice about getting the files off your damaged USB device, I do advise you forget about the data unless it's extremely important. The reason I say this is because when a USB device no longer connects, and it's physically damaged, using or attempting to use it, can damage the computer you're plugging it into.

If the data on the drive is really that important, then you should probably contact the vendor to see if they can repair it, take it to a shop to repair it ($$), or take it to somewhere that does data recovery ($$$).