Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CoD 4 - Error iw3mp.exe

• Please log in to reply

Markk_

Markk_

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Alright so I need some help with Cod 4, I can play singleplayer fine and everything, but everytime I go to play multiplayer, I click on the icon and a pop up comes up saying ' iw3mp.exe is not responding '. I've tried reinstalling the game and everything but idk.... Help?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is normally associated with either driver issues (sound) or microphone settings. Updating your sound drivers may help. Also, if you don't have a mic to use with the game, try disabling voice options within the game.

Markk_

Markk_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Righto thanks bro.

Markk_

Markk_

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I cannot update my soundcard any further, and I cannot access the voice options in the game as I have to do it throught singleplayer because Multiplayer won't open up.

spooke

spooke

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I had that problem after I got to level 55. After a scrim one night myself and another clan mate went on a server to check on some glitching spots our opponents used. After doing this my profile went down the tube with that message coming up. The only way I was able to get around it was to uninstall and reinstall COD4. Try doing that and see how you go.
spooke