Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Email Problems with both Yahoo and Gmail - my computer?

• Please log in to reply

jnjanl

jnjanl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi - I'm trying to solve this problem:

I have a Yahoo email account that over the last week I can access and even open some emails but it freezes or acts incredibly slow with I try to compose or respond--"Loading..." message at the top of screen but nothing happens--so that I just give up.

Once I received the Error 999 message, but only once. I did contact my ISP (WOW), as Yahoo suggested, and they tell me they have no connectivity problems or problems with Yahoo.

I've tried both Firefox and Google Chrome and the same problem on both. I have a Dell laptop and use Windows Vista.

I created a Gmail account and everything works fine EXCEPT I cannot type in the message box -- I can in the address window, however. I also logged onto my husbands Hotmail account and all is okay there EXCEPT that several cursors appear in different places on the screen at once (Internet address window, email address window, and message box); I can type in the message box on Hotmail, however.

Anyone have ANY idea why these strange things are occurring? Is it the sites or my computer? All other web sites work fine. Keep in mind when you answer that I am a complete novice.

Thanks-
jnjanl

Advertisements

mamarmadillo

mamarmadillo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having an issue with this for months. I don't know if it is isolated to the two e-mail programs. I also have trouble with scrolling in Internet Explorer. The arrow freezes, does not change to a "hand". Generally has slowed productivity and wasted about 75% of my time on the computer in the last 6 months. Is there an answer to this query?