Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Image Acquisition

• Please log in to reply

princessss

princessss

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
I am currently working on my fathers scanner to see why it won't work and came down several rodes to this point.

I opened Computer Management, Services, Windows Image Acquisition, Set it to Automatic, then clicked start and get the following message;

Windows could not start the Windows Image Acquisition service on local computer

Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Advertisements

princessss

princessss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Do I need a hijack log for this? I wasn't sure.

princessss

princessss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
just so that you know my dad is 83 , this could take time :)

princessss

princessss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
[attachment=33464:HiJackThis_log.txt]

Edited by wannabe1, 25 August 2009 - 05:34 PM.
Attach HJT log

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
No need for logs.
WIA depends on couple of other services. Make sure they're running...

Posted Image

princessss

princessss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
ok this time it says it is all started...that WIA is started when i tried to start it yesterday and it wouldnt. So I guess at this point Vista is glitching with the scanner... Will have to have a look and get back with more...just so that you know its a Canon Pixma MP470. Cannot get it to work through hitting the scan button on the device or by using the software, nothing happens when hitting the device button start and when i use the software it says it cannot communicate with the computer. We hooked it up to my tower (which is XP) and it worked perfectly so it is not the scanner/printer itself and must be a glitch with Windows Vista.

Again any help would be appreciated...plugging away here :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try to reinstall its driver: http://www.usa.canon...wnloadDetailAct

princessss

princessss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
windows cannot communicate with the scanner

i uninstalled all the software and the driver for the canon all-in-one, as well as completely unhooked everything belonging to the printer/scanner, went into regedit and cleaned out what I could find there, then ran a registry cleaner. Reinstalled everything after hooking up the printer/scanner, and used the software to start the scanner......got the same message, windows cannot communicate with the scanner.....and when trying to use the button on the printer itself for scan , you press the button , it asks what your scanning, photo/document then you hit start......the start button doesnt do anything at all, it doesnt even light up.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

Reinstalled everything after hooking up the printer/scanner

Usually, you install the driver first, and you hook up printer/scanner when installation asks you to do so.