Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

secondary ide connection lost...

• Please log in to reply

stuntboy

stuntboy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello all..i seem to have run into a problem with my computer. i was having problems with burning dvdr in my pioneer 108 so like a dummy i thought it might have something to do with the ide connection, i read somewhere that this might of been the problem. sooooo like a [bleep] no it all i uninstalled the secondary ide connection like this website told me to try....now this where the problem starts. after shutting the machine down and restarting i got a new hardware found prompt ok thought was all good and it would go and install the required stuff for me, WRONG! didnt do nothing except tell me that the hardware is not installed properly. the machine tried to install the ide also tried to install a hdc. im still left with no secondary ide connection. i hope this kind of made sense. in device manager this is what i got.... http://p0wer.com/dm001.jpg

thanks for your time

stuntboy

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
what kind of computer and motherboard? You need the driver for the controller. Name brand computer mfg web site may have it available for you to download. Motherboard mfg may have it available for you to download. If you bought the motherboard it comes with drivers on the install disk that came with it.

stuntboy

stuntboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a compaq presario sr1030nx with a asus A7V8X-LA motherboard. my ide cables are used as follows...2 hard drives on primary and the secondary one contains a harddrive (slave) and the dvdr rom (master) . havent had a problem up till now. has ran smooth like this for the past few months. i went to the compaq site and they have no drivers for this motherboard.