Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Thunderbird Wont Open.. at all...

• Please log in to reply

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Hello

I am having quite a bit of a problem in trying out thunderbird. Outlook was givving me some headaches so I decided to give thunderbird a try. I managed to get it installed yesterday and was able to setup all of my email accounts, none of them got any email but they were setup(minor tweaking they needed). Then i closed the program and tried to reopen it, nothing. After a couple more attempts to open it and getting nothing I opened task manager. what do you know...? it is in there, thunderbird.exe running using 0% of the CPU and 16200KB Memory and is running from file C:\Program files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe... But there is no window open. So i thought maybe i was just rushing it. My computer is 2.6GHz quad core with 4GB RAM running 32bit WinXP Pro SP3 (fully updated, have Eset Smart Security Suite installed) and therefore found it funny that it would take a program so long to open. It never did open. I restarted the computer and tried again just to get the same results.

I tried again this morning after the computer being turned off for the rest of the night before. no luck. This time i uninstalled and reinstalled again and it wont open at all. there is an entry in the task manager still but no GUI window. Has anyone had trouble with thunderbird in this nature or am i the only one? how would I go about finding a program conflict with thunderbird if one existed?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Death's Requiem Sonata, 26 August 2009 - 06:36 AM.

Advertisements

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok I don't know what I did but thunderbird is working again. I have all of my emails setup once again and all are working. had to do some manipulating to get all the different ones to work but they are finally working.

Topic can be closed.. Thx anyways