Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cru629, braviax.exe, & b.exe infection

• Please log in to reply

mfountai

mfountai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all! Looks like my pc has got multiple infections, not sure if they're from the same source though. I've found braviax.exe, b.exe and cru629 on my pc (Im typing this from a back up pc). Right now I can only boot into Safe Mode from the infected pc. If I choose to boot into any other mode I get the Windows Product Activation window asking me to activate my copy of windows. Spybot S&D won't activate and NAV won't run in Safe Mode so how do I give my pc a thourough cleaning? I'm running under Windows XP with service pack 2 installed. Thanks!

Almost forgot to tell you that a strange audio file was uploaded to my pc at the time of the infection started to wreak havoc. I couldn't find the file but I know it's there because it played a rather long audio clip of what sounded like a radio interview.

Please advise!

Advertisements