Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New IPB board 3.0.2

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The new IPB board has a sidebar feature that allows members to "shout out" in status updates. I cannot use this feature logged in under my own name any more. I'd like to have it back- it will be a small consolation for all the headaches upgrading the board. Any suggestions?
Johanna

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i can see it when i'm logged in...so it's not an admin thing...of course....the board is slower than snail snot at the moment so it's difficult to look at settings to see if something pops out at me..

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• Topic Starter
  • 3,038 posts
Okay, that glitch is fixed. Now I need to figure out why IE is fighting with the board/skin. It works a treat in FF, but that's only 18% of my members, and i can't ask grumpy saddlers to try new tricks. I appreciate your help, Dave- you've been a big help to LW since the get-go!

What do you think of the modified banner? Kate made the background transparent. I, of course immediately complained that one of the tools (safety skiver) was missing. LOL If I haven't thanked you lately for the banner, consider it done. And remember- steaks will be served whenever you are in the neighborhood. :)

Johanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i like the way it fits....i noticed the tool changes as well....the hammer is in the opposite direction and she messed up on some of the masking hehe...but....whatever

ie8 works fine...it's much faster (about the same as before the upgrade)...FF and Opera both work as well...

i googled "IPB 3.0.3 locks up ie" and got this http://forums.invisi...showissue=17097 ....something about an embed tag in a post...perhaps there's one in the skin?