Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Virus, Multipld BSODs

• Please log in to reply

OneLuv

OneLuv

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was following the steps in the spyware cleaning guide. Prior to finding this site, I had run Spybot, AVG and Malwarebytes. I tried today to run Malwarebytes again (should say last nite) It was still running 11 hours later, clearly something wrong. Normally it takes about an hour and 46-54 minutes to do a complete scan. I found a program called Who Crashed it, except windows installer is down because of the safe mode.

From the beginning, I got a BSOD with a stop error 0x00000050 page fault in a non page area. I googled it. I ran diagnostices on my hard drive. Memtest on my RAM sticks. The stop errors have been 50, 8E, 7E, 7F, 51, 0A, bouncing between 8E and 50 (First digits of all being 0x000000) It has been consistently 50. I tried to do a repair from the disk, got the 0A - IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO. Throughout this whole ordeal I have been able to run my pc in safe mode with networking. After all of these multiple BSOD's after diagnostics on RAM and hard drives, I found this forum. I ran Root Repeal, and it found several files hidden, in a different language. This made me wonder if i didn't have a virus or something. This has been going on since saturday. Im using someone elses pc and I need mine. I have the logs from the recommended tests in the cleaning guide saved to a flash drive.

Im at my wits end, and a 7 page paper due. I wanted to copy all of my stuff off the hard drive and reformat, but I am afraid that if it is a virus, I'll end up copying it too.

Thanks

Advertisements