Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Server 2003 keeps crashing!

• Please log in to reply

fuffen

fuffen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all this really is becoming a problem now.
I installed some new software onto the server which got on fine, but there was ONE file that happened to be corrupted or perhaps infected and as soon as someome executed that file, the whole of the office's computers stood still because the server had crashed.
We got it back up, but it wasn't even 5 minutes before it went again. The problem seamed to be easing up as it didnt happen agen that day or the next, but then it crashed again. I fixed it, the next day it crashed again. Somedays you get through a day without a server crash. It really is becoming a pain.
I'm currently running anti-viral software on there now to see if it picks up anything suspicious, any ideas as to what could be causing this.

Advertisements

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Have you tried replacing the file with a duplicate of the file?
Is it a system file?

Or you could try a new install.

x3

*Still studying about servers*