Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open File

• Please log in to reply

Fennells

Fennells

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When I use the "Open File" command and box in Microsoft Word 2007 I am having issues.
When I click on a different folder it takes over a minute to change to that folder, then I click on a sub-folder and it takes another minute and so on and so on until I get to the folder that my files are in which when selected open without delay.

Quite often the "Initializing Root Folders" warning displays with bars moving across to show that it is doing something

Do I have a problem with my indexing or is the problem else where perhaps the wrong setting in "Services"

Yours hopefully
Fennells

Edited by Fennells, 28 August 2009 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This behaviour is usually caused for one of two reasons:

1) Copious amounts of files/folders - as in too many.
2) Shortcuts to documents or stuff located on removable drives that are not present. Invalid shortcuts tend to hang a lot of programs since Windows has to process the lot.