Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Fable TLC

• Please log in to reply

struwwel_peter

struwwel_peter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok I recently bought Fable TLC for Mac and found it worked fine for about 2 days... now every time I attempt to start it up the program complains saying I have to put in the DVD regardless of whether or not it is actually in. I've tried removing it and then reinstalling (which btw installing works fine). Thinking that the problem might of been the disk I took it back to the shop and got another copy but i'm still experiencing the same problem. I've also tried making an image of the disk running that whilst I try to start Fable up but it still comes up with the same message.

How can I fix this - or is there some way I can crack it so I don't have to use the disk

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

Can you give me the exact error message you are getting please? I believe there is a patch somewhere for this problem on a Mac and so I will try and track it down but in the mean time if you can post the error that would be great.

How can I fix this - or is there some way I can crack it so I don't have to use the disk

This would be against the Terms of Use and will attract unwanted attention from the Mod's and Admin on the board :) . Cracking, hacking and downloading is both illegal and unsafe and isn't allowed on this forum.
Don't want you to get in trouble :)

:)

struwwel_peter

struwwel_peter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No error message - It just says

"please insert the "Fable - The Lost Chapters" DVD-ROM.

This DVD-ROM must be present to play"

regardless of the disc being in the machine or not

struwwel_peter

struwwel_peter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorted

Finder was hiding an old copy of the disc deep in the operating system. Which meant that every time I inserted the game disc finder believed it is a duplicate so the application wasn't able to locate the original disc with the correct name to authorize the launch of the application.

I managed to get hold of a script which corrects the problem though.

Thanks anyway though.