Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer pranks

• Please log in to reply

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
I know a lot of people who are dumber than a box of rocks.

Despite being a simple program, you still need to know how to program and I don't.

Advertisements

snowchick7669

snowchick7669

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Lol guess there are at least one of those in every office.

I once remotely got into my managers computer when I was bored, we ended up having a battle of the mouse pointer, she was definitely freaking out.

I couldn't not laugh, so it sort of gave it away :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should get visual studio from MS (yes all the programmers will now come in here and tell you not to)..it's free and easy to learn...pick up a couple of books at the book store on how to program in visual basic...it's actually pretty fun for little things here and there

ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
One of my favourite pranks was to unplug the keyboard of the person sat opposite me, and plug mine into their compueter. If you can time this right (do it when they go for a coffee break whilst writing a word doc), you can really mess with them when they return.
Pretending to be there PC and offering them tips on writng the report is fun, or just type into word that the computer will shut down in 10 seconds and watch them panic.

Another fun one is to plug you're mouse into a spare USB port on there comp (and leave there's in)...most people will be going mad within a minute whilst you descretly shift there pointer around the screen.

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Those are fun...

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
:) dsenette... I want to do that so badly :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Me too! I have a REAL jerk working opposite my desk and would LOVE to screw him around. Only problem is, he's VERY computer savvy and would know within a sec what's going down. If only...

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
No matter how computer savvy, you can always do these...

1. The sledge hammer (self explanatory)

2. Disconnect the BIOS chip.

3. Snip some MOBO connections.

4. All of the above.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

Posted Image

That should "take care of it" :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Literally? A sledge hammer? Nah... that's a little too drastic - as much as I'd love to put him out of commission and get his stupid butt outta here. You wouldn't believe how irritating this guy is. Now that I think of it, (by the way I don't work for the post office) the sledge hammer is the ONLY solution. Thanx for your input. I keep you informed.

Edited by crooz, 13 September 2009 - 03:44 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Me too! I have a REAL jerk working opposite my desk and would LOVE to screw him around. Only problem is, he's VERY computer savvy and would know within a sec what's going down. If only...

those of us that are VERY computer savvy are actually the easiest to pull the simple pranks on....we know SO much that we overlook the simple and go right to the catastrophic...so if you do something as simple as the mouse prank....the guy will probably spend an hour troubleshooting before he even turns the computer around to check the ports on the back

2. Disconnect the BIOS chip.

3. Snip some MOBO connections.

4. All of the above.

those aren't pranks...that's vandalism...and while vandalism CAN be fun....it's never funny...especially when the results are permanent (or at least intended to be permanent)....real pranks take thought and planning....any of the ones above don't

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
Hey, can't you take a joke?! Only a vandalist would do something like that, I'm not one.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i can take all kinds of jokes....

i'm simply pointing out that vandalism is the tool of the uncreative...especially with regards to "pranks"....doesn't take much energy to smash a guy's machine as a "joke"...where as crafting an elaborate prank takes skill...and thus is more likely to be appreciated once the prank is over

Eclipsed

Eclipsed

• PipPipPip
  • 799 posts
The whole joke was that it was bluntly stupid. Yes, you are completely correct, a good prank takes good skill. That is why your pranks were good, because they were well thought out.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
No offense to dsenette's great pranking skill, but http://hacks.mit.edu...ar/1994/cp_car/ (although admittedly not a computer prank) takes the trophy as possibly the best prank in the universe. EVER.

And I love MIT.

Edited by Chopin, 14 September 2009 - 12:39 PM.