Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a PS3 to a network via my Mac

• Please log in to reply

PMeyer0528

PMeyer0528

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so my mac is connected to a wireless network from my school. There is no router, there are no ethernet ports in the room. PLEASE do not tell me to do anything with "my router." The people in charge of the network say they cannot configure a video game system to work on the network. Is there any way to connect it through my mac (if you don't know about game systems, it would probably be the same as connecting another computer without wireless capabilities through one with wireless capabilities)? Possibly through connecting it through the Ethernet? Or creating a new wireless signal based upon the original (less likely)? I have tried directly hooking it up, but the game machine cannot obtain an IP address. Possibly some settings are needing to be changed, but if anyone can help it would be tremendous. So many games nowadays are built for online play, and as is I cannot do it. Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So in a nutshell you're online through your school? Do you have permission for this? Does your school internet policy dictate you can use it for gaming?