Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound on youtube etc, wavemapper missing from Drivers 32 but it won

• Please log in to reply

dylanswall

dylanswall

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have no sound on youtube, BBC i player etc. I (think) I know what the problem is and have followed the following advice http://kb2.adobe.com...2/kb402691.html and found that I don't have wavemapper (all I have under Drivers 32 is one default entry). However, when I try to add it like they suggest, I get a message saying "the registry editor cannot rename New Value #1. The specified value name already exists. Type another name and try again". It says this whatever I rename it.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as it is very annoying.

Advertisements

john_yeager

john_yeager

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi, I have no sound on youtube, BBC i player etc. I (think) I know what the problem is and have followed the following advice http://kb2.adobe.com...2/kb402691.html and found that I don't have wavemapper (all I have under Drivers 32 is one default entry). However, when I try to add it like they suggest, I get a message saying "the registry editor cannot rename New Value #1. The specified value name already exists. Type another name and try again". It says this whatever I rename it.

I have exactly this same issue. I can't edit this key.
Sound works just fine in many other applications; just not in Flash.

john_yeager

john_yeager

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have exactly this same issue. I can't edit this key.
Sound works just fine in many other applications; just not in Flash.

Wait, I fixed it! I had to edit Permissions and remove the one to Deny reading subkeys.