Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JACKPOT: Windows Police/Total Security/Antispyware 2010

• Please log in to reply

hansari

hansari

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I KNOW THE DRILL. YOU WANT ME TO POST A LOG OF SOME SORT. UNFORTUNATELY, THAT DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE...

I downloaded both HijackThis and GMER. I transferred them to a USB. Plugged the USB into the infected laptop, then I tried to run them to get a log file.

It failed to launch. The laptop gave me the same message...

(*WARNING! Application cannot be executed. The file avgrsx.exe is infected. Please activate your antivirus software)

So...of what information on the problem that I can provide visually...

1) "DANGER!!! Your computer is INFECTED! Attention!!!" embedded into the desktop background.

2) "Total Security 2009" is present.

3) "PC Antispyware 2010" is present.

4) "Windows Police Pro" is present.

I have malwarebytes installed on the laptop, but it won't launch (so using that to fix this mess probably isn't possible). AVG Free 8.5...Spybot...Glary Utilities...

Please help in any way you can. I thought my younger brother's messes were a problem, but those I could handle on my own. Now that my mom has decided she wants to go online....Ugh...

(When the problem began, she didn't even close the computer. She left it on and waited for me to come home...which is probably why I have not one malware, not two...but multiple malware programs attacking me...)

Again, please help.

~hansari

Advertisements