Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Generic.14

• Please log in to reply

panictimestwo

panictimestwo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello! New user here, and with the exact same problem on my gf's computer as in this topic http://www.geekstogo...-t-t251310.html

The looks of the pop up is exactly the same. She was doing stuff on Facebook when her computer got infected btw. and this just this afternoon.

I'll run the same tools as recommended by Essexboy and post the logfiles here in a short while.
I hope you guys can help me out since I am going away on a trip this oncoming Saturday and then I can't help her for a full week.

Regards

Edit: Been running SuperAntispyware and Malwarebytes Antimalvare a couple of times and cleaned a bunch of infections.
Now there is one that remains, and it is Trojan horse Generic14.AMDQ which is lodged into C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\agp440.sys
None of the above programs detect it now, it is AVG Resident shield alert that detects it while I run scans with the above programs.
AVG labels the file to be "white listed" and as such I can't remove it due to the fact that then the computer will not function.
I got an infection in an critical area...
Solution to this, that a computer illiterate can manage to perform?

Edited by panictimestwo, 02 September 2009 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

panictimestwo

panictimestwo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
From OTS:

Attached File  OTS1.txt   149.7KB   322 downloads

panictimestwo

panictimestwo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
...and from Sysprot.:

Attached File  SysProtLog.txt   24.65KB   103 downloads

panictimestwo

panictimestwo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Problem solved through a final look at the laptop and deciding to reinstall the OP. Had no choice really as I leave tomorrow and can't have my gf sitting without a working computer while I am gone.

Hopefully nobody else get this awful piece of Trojan sh*t, seems to be a tough bugger.

Regards