Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected computer... (I think)

• Please log in to reply

rynarri

rynarri

• Pip
  • 9 posts
But what I do know is that when I connect to network I cannot actually connect. It just freezes and then I have to restart my computer. Also nothing will open properly, including task manager. Like it shows that it is running, but the window for task manager never pops-up.

I did the malware guide and mbam found one infection, (which it cured). Then I scanned my comp with Kaspersky and it found a couple. But the problem is still there, and it will not log off. I have to shut it down using the button on the front.

Also I would totally post the logs of those root repeal and OLT, but root repeal is incompatible to a 64 bit system, and OLT kept freezing up when I tried running it.

So I don't know what to do :/

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Hello rynarri

Welcome to G2Go. :)
=====================
This sounds like a Operating System issue instead of malware.

See if this will complete:

Download OTS to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTS on your desktop.
  • Open the OTS folder and double-click on OTS.exe to start the program. Make sure you close all other programs and don't use the PC while the scan runs.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar. Make sure not to use the PC while the program is running or it will freeze.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and post the information back here in an attachment. I will review it when it comes in. The last line is < End of Report >, so make sure that is the last line in the attached report.

Make sure you attach the report in your reply. If it is too big to upload, then zip the text file and upload it that way

rynarri

rynarri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for replying! =]

Alrighty I did that and the report has been attached.

Attached Files

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Your log is clean I suggest going to the Networking forum and posting a log there and they will be able to sort it out for you.
That forum can be found Here.
You can delete all of the items required for the cleanup.

Good luck.

rynarri

rynarri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you for trying. I'll just add a reply to my old post in there. (I was actually advised to post here. But I posted there first.)

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Ok yes continue in that topic please it is not a malware issue.