Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

recycle bin gone crazy

• Please log in to reply

genuineheart

genuineheart

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
For some reason my documents folder was put on my desktop since i thought it was a copy i ended up deleting it and went into the other folder where it said cant locate file . so i went backinto recycle bin where it is at and hit restore but it doesnt do anything. i tried right clicking and hitting restore but still nothing. i have windows vista. so my documents file is still sitting in the recycle bin what other alternative do i have? thanks a bunch.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Can you open the recycle bin up, right-click on an item and Cut? Then you should be able to paste it elsewhere (outside of the bin, for example).

Troy

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
My apologies I lost internet for a while. I did that and it doesnt work it lets me cut it but when i hit paste nothing happens

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Where did you try and paste it?

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i tried pasting it to the desktop

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Try pasting to a different location, and failing that, try an external location altogether (like a backup hard drive or something).

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
okay i will have to purchase an extarnal flash drive and see if it works because it will not work in transfering to a sd disk with 2gb of free space.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If you tried an SD disk, then that would count as an external source, so no need to purchase anything extra if you don't need to.

I've never actually experienced this problem myself, so I will ask some other Techs if they've heard of it or have some ideas.