Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont boot

• Please log in to reply

dm06110

dm06110

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Computer wont boot.

This is a very new Acer m3100 computer running Vista Home Premium 3gb ram and all the other standard hardware etc.

The scenario.

Had problem before and managed to get to the restore option. The computer was restored to the factory settings (this is ok because there is no information in the PC at this time.

Loaded microsofe office 2007, all ok. Loaded service pack 2, all ok until I pressed ok to reboot.

This is also what happened before the rebuild.

Switch on computer, the computer starts ok but no control over mouse, keyboard and nothing on screen. If I press F12 or DEL key by keeping my finger on it from the second I press the start button I can get to the BIOS or Boot screen but still no control over mouse etc. If I dont press any buttons I get nothing, no beeps, nothing.

I have tried loading CD's, no control to cd player although it does open and close but does not read the CD.

The other strange thing is that if I press the start / switch off key on the computer it stops immeadiately, no shutdown process.

Regards and thanks for any Idea's

Dougie

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

This is a very new Acer m3100 computer

Warranty?

dm06110

dm06110

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Broni,

Aye, the computer was only bought in May this year....have you ever tried to deal with Acer Warranty in the UK.....

Dougie

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
No, but, you don't want to monkey with a computer under warranty, and eventually void it.
Also, more problems may show up in the future.

dm06110

dm06110

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
You are correct, but....

I can get the computer to the first Acer screen (Del / F12) but because you have no keyboard control you cannot call up any functions. Tried F5 / F8 / F10 ALT but little success. Currently pulling hair out. I expect it will need to go back to the store for them to send it for repair or replacement.

Dougie :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Trust me, it's your best option.