Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore, SD, antimalware, all disabled

• Please log in to reply

Johansss

Johansss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite running windows xp. Something was downloaded onto my computer and now its acting terribly.

System restore has apparently been disabled, ive gone into the registry to try and re-enable it again but the disable thing reappears. SpybotSD and Malbytes refuse to run even though they show up on the task manager in safe mode.

I tried downloading another program and it tells me that the administrator doesnt allow it. My internet explorer program doesnt work so ive been transfering programs onto it using a flash drive. The only way im able even to do anything on the computer is through safe mode.

If i start normally, it tells me theres an error with viewmgr and then a red circle pops up in the bottom right telling me that windows has detected spyware and needs to download the latest anti-spyware material. Also photo gallery and windows anti-virus installation pop up and tried to download something even though i dont have an active internet connection. Stinger was the only virus app i was able to get working and it didnt seem to solve the problem.

Something that looks suspcious to me is a file titled tajf83ikdmf.dll in the windows system32 folder which seems to have been created at the time the trouble started. It also appears as an add on when im on internet explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Edited by Johansss, 04 September 2009 - 09:45 AM.

Advertisements