Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I am getting the "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL t

• Please log in to reply

Cassandra5222

Cassandra5222

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok so i left my comp. on overnite (like i normally do by putting it in sleep mode) with a movie dvd inside the cd compartment, and when i went on the next day i had this error "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" i tried what it said and it brought me back to the screen. i havent tried much first i took out the dvd then i shut it down it wont reboot i pushed all the function buttons nothing it just beeped at me. i took it apart to see if any of the lines came loose nothing was wrong it didnt have a bad smell. i have the xp home edition disk somewhere. and i looked at all forms and sites that had info i cant quite remember what model my comp. is but it is either http://www.emachines...?prod=EL1210-09 or http://www.emachines...?prod=EL1210-11 i bought it christmas 08 so its not an old comp. ty for your help :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It seems to be under warranty.
Call eMachines.

Cassandra5222

Cassandra5222

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok will do, ty broni i had thought i voided it tho when i opened it up but it was already opened when i had the ram put in earlier this yr.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Nah, you don't void warranty by opening the case, or adding RAM.