Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection is slow.

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hey!

Over the past few days my connection has been awful. Its taking forever to stream. Ingames like counterstrike I am experiencing ping spikes and a constant loss and choke. In WOW my ping had more than doubled and spikes incredibly high, also causing 3 - 4 seconds of freezing.

I phoned my ISP and they done a line test. The line is fine and I should be receiving just over 7mb. I actually got just over 6mb before I experienced these problems. After doing a test at speedtest.net I am only recieving about 2mb - 3mb. As well as the constant spiking etc.

I've done malware/spyware scans and AV scans and all came up clear. I've restarted my PC in safe mode w/networking and I still get the problems.

As far as I can tell my usual firewall is on normally as it has been(The windows one). I dont think I have done anything different.

I am connected via an Ethernet cable which is stable.

Please help me :)

Many thanks.

Advertisements

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi again!

Thank god you havent replied yet!

After trying for hours to sort my ping. I forgot to try the simplest thing of all. So last night before I went to bed I turned off my router. And guess what! This morning everything is back to normal!

Simon

-x-