Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista won't boot after reinstalling

• Please log in to reply

phaymanou

phaymanou

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Gateway model SA-1
I was trying to help my friend out by reinstalling vista. I followed all the following steps and watched it restart and continue the install several times. Once it got to the complete install it stayed on that screen for about 2 1/2 hours. I then went to plug in a cooling pad to the Gateway laptop and accidentally hit the eject on the DVD rom.
I pushed the dvd back in and it seemed like it finished but it then went to a final black screen for another hour. I then decided to shutdown the laptop and then turn it back on again, but all it get is the startup options. If i choose start windows normally it goes to a screen with the progress bar that says "Microsoft Corporation"
and stays on that screen with the green bar just scrolling across as if there was progress(left it on over night to see any change, but there was none).
If I choose to start up with any of the safe mode options it brings up a lot of different files and then freezes up.
Can anyone help me with this please.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try to reinstall again.

phaymanou

phaymanou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It won't let me reinstall

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
We need MUCH more info.

phaymanou

phaymanou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your assistants. I ended up taking it to another friend of mine and he got it working. But he never told me how.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
OK.

shannonf

shannonf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there anyway you could find out what your friend did because i am having the same issue